I am going to skip the commentary and get right to the recipe! These are kid-approved, easy to make, and perfect for someone who meal preps as they can be made ahead and reheated with ease. Plus, they are perfectly portioned and do not need any condiments! My kids love these for dinner and they make a perfect school lunch as well!
Turkey Meatloaf Muffins
A quick and kid-friendly take on a childhood favorite!
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1/2 shredded zucchini (with the water dampened out with a paper towel)
- 1/2 cup salsa of choice (I used Newman’s Own Mango Salsa and reserved the rest of the jar for Crockpot Salsa Chicken)
- 1 cup breadcrumbs (I make my own out of Ezekiel bread that I blitzed in my Nutribullet)
- 1/2 sweet onion chopped small
- garlic powder, onion powder, and chili powder (all to taste)
- one egg
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease a muffin tin with nonstick coconut oil spray.
- Combine all ingredients and divide evenly among 12-count muffin tin.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, though cooking time varies. Monitor closely.
- Allow to cool for 2-3 minutes before attempting to remove from tin. You can serve immediately or store in an air-tight container in the fridge until you are ready to serve.
What do you think? Let me know below! This recipe is featured in my Clean Eating with Kids Week. Want the full menu? Submit your info below and I will email you the newsletter.